A Life Nomadic

Off-grid. Outside. of comfort zones and walls. The what's. The if's. The maybes.
Possibilities run endless and energy wanes. But. forward motion equals success.

The aspect that is missing right now is discipline. Doing what needs to be done.
Doing it WHEN it needs to be done. And doing that thing to the best of my abilities.

i try to imagine. The motion of moving cross state lines. Carrying my wares. Stopping along
the way in craft shows and fairs to promote my product. I can imagine it. A sweet little pick-up
truck with a camper on the back. And maybe even a trailer to pull. A tiny house parked under the
stars down South where the land is sandy and flat. Home base.

And grandsons to hike and camp and fish with. Oh my heavens. I can buy me my very own fishing pole. And maybe a bow of some sort. And I can have my own tackle box. And I'll show Luke how to bait a hook, and I'll show Logan how to build a fire and when Isaac and Riker are old enough? I'll take them, too. We'll discover the stars together and we'll use a GPS and a Smart Phone to identify the constellations!

I've traveled from one place to another. Following my heart. And my heart cries out to be exactly where God wants me to be. Exactly how long he wants me here. Or there. And I should be doing what he puts on my heart to do. And praying, relying on, and reading the Word is like breath for me. It feeds my soul and my Spirit rejoices within me. And that joy is my strength.

This journey. It is long. Arduous. Painful. Wonderful. Exciting. Terrifying. Miraculous. I know that in the near future, I will gather all of those writings. Those words scribbled on scraps of paper and in notebooks and journals, and I will put them to order. And I'll fill in the blanks. And I'll share this tale of the Life Nomadic. And you'll be amazed. At the joy. The fire. The anger and the angst. And most of all the love that has run through like a mountain stream in spring.

Comments

Popular Posts