Tiny Disciplines = Big Rewards

Or. So we hope.
Last night ... well at 2 a.m. I wrote this -

I just saw a "Pin" for a DIY Life Planner. And I thought - "THAT is exactly what I need!" A map. A calendar of events. How to go and be and do - all that I can and must, before that day comes when I can NOT go and be and do!

I laughed when I read the "small print -

-meal planning
-budgeting
-home organization
-health & fitness
-work/blogging
-stockroom inventory (Ooooo! I like that one!)
- and dry erase daily routines (What is that?)

All of this. WITH LISTS! My favorite.

And my happy brain said "What!?" Yeah. THAT'S it! Exactly! It's a discipline I put aside as my tiny little life changed from wife and mother to single woman and YaiYai. But NOW ... now I see that THIS - this life planning idea is a great one. So instead of me planning my life, my life has been planning ME! And therein lies the problem for me.

For, it is when I have made lists and plans and goals for myself as a person; when I have been most disciplined in my life - "Doing what needs be done. Doing it when it needs to be done. And doing that in excellence." - is when I am most happy. And my happy comes from contentment and peace. It's in the writing it out. Seeing it. Daily. That sets my heart on fire to be the very best me I can be!

So yeah. I'm gonna do it. I'm going to make my very own "Life Planner" and I'm going to start planning my life, instead of letting my life plan me.

It'll be fun. A challenge. A discipline that will build and make me stronger. I will work in the strength of the day. I will rest, because a clear conscience finds a soft pillow.

I love a good challenge. Because my life is so different now, it will be an adventure; applying the skills of yesterday to my life today. So. I'm off to do it myself - make a planner for my life.

We'll see how this all works out ...

Comments

Popular Posts